Shame on me for enabling Kalemachka's
quiz habit...and my own.
1. Name(s): Cate
2. If there are 3 wells (love, beauty, and creativity) and you can drink from one of them, which would you choose? What would it taste like? I'd drink of love and I imagine it would taste much like the smell of my freshly bathed children.
3. Do you wish on stars? Sure. You can never wish too often.
4. Would you kill someone? To protect my children--you bet. In a fucking heartbeat.
5. Virgin or not? Dear, I'm a middle-aged broad with two kids. Need I say more?
6. Who are you jealous of? I don't get jealous.
7. Who would you marry? Any one of the gentlemen to whom I'm constantly proposing in my journal.
8. Do you think that the people on the Gap commercials are cool? Sorry. Anything even remotely associated with the Gap is consummately uncool.
9. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Sure! I've always been a great friend to have.
10. Are you a daredevil? Absolutely not.
11. Would you ever consider running for office? That may be a possibility one of these days.
12. What things are you afraid of most? Outliving my children, having them grow up to be unhappy or unfulfilled.
13. Have you ever told a secret that you swore you wouldn't repeat? Yeah, but I had a good reason for doing it.
14. Do you pray? To borrow a line from my favorite movie: "Pray? No, I communicate."
15. Have you ever met anyone famous? On occasion...and never on purpose.
16. Do you think there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Figuratively, yes.
17. How do you vent anger? I write, I cry, I move on.
18. Are you trendy? Ha. Hardly.
19. Are you passive or aggressive? A nice mix of the two, I'd say.
20. Do you trust others easily? I'm cautiously optimistic when it comes to trusting people.
21. What was your favorite toy as a child? A set of walkie-talkies.
22. What class in school do you think is totally useless? I always found home economics to be a silly one. Do they even teach that anymore?
23. Do you keep a diary? I've kept journals for years...gotta leave some surprises for everyone after I'm gone.
24. Have you ever intentionally hurt another person? I have been vicious when provoked.
25. Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Back in my salad days, they weren't called mosh pits. That was only years later.
26. What is the new saying that you've been using a lot? By the time I hear any catchy "new phrase" it's usually so over and done with, I don't bother.
27. What is your all time favorite song? North Dakota by Lyle Lovett
28. What was the best Christmas present you received? A long maxi-dress that my grandmother made for me when I was about seven. It was midnight blue with pink flowers and lace...made me feel like the grooviest kid alive.
29. Could you be a vegetarian? I was for several years. I'm not now.
30. What word do you use when you think something is good? I stick with the standard, "that's good."
31. What band has the funniest name? Trotsky's Icepick always made me giggle.
32. Who is your favorite white rapper? Not a one...although I adore the Beastie Boys...who I suppose started much of that white boy nonsense.
33. Would you rather wear uniforms to school? Please. Children have ALWAYS worn uniforms of one sort or another to school. They always will.
34. Have you ever given money to a bum? Not often; but yes.
35. Do you ever wear overalls? Constantly.
37. Do you think you are strong (emotionally)? I know I am. I'm still here in one piece.
38. Do you hate anyone? Nope. I don't have the energy to spare on that.
39. Who is your Best Friend? Raindog is my oldest friend.
40. Do you regret anything? I regret several things; but I don't worry about them now. I learned my lessons and moved on.
41. What are you going to do next? Refill my water glass and clean my desk.
42. What is your favorite quote? "You know, Harold, I believe that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are 'this' yet allow themselves to be treated as 'that.'"
43. Have you ever considered a religious vocation? Hardly.
44. What's your biggest dream/wish? That my children grow up to be happy, healthy, kindhearted people who do right by themselves and others.
45. What is the one modern thing you could never live without? A water heater.
46. Have you ever done anything illegal? Nothing more dastardly than having a beer when I was underage.
47. Have you ever thought with another's head? In my hands? Between my legs? Resting on my chest? Sure.
48. What would you do if you were walking down the street and saw some models standing on the sidewalk? Nothing out of the ordinary.
49. What do you regret doing or not doing in your life the most? I regret that my grandmother didn't live to see my kids. She'd have been loopy over them.
50. What is the most important lesson you have learned outside of school? To have a profound respect for myself...that's gotten me through a lot of hard things.